Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Beginnings

I emailed an old friend yesterday because she'd been on my mind for a couple of days. While I didn't stop and take the time to call, I just couldn't stop thinking about her. Turns out that yesterday was her first day as a divorced woman. A new beginning to begin the new year.

I decided to begin a new year myself. This morning I wiped out all painful numbers from my past. For some reason, I'd held on to all these contacts in my phone that I no longer used or needed. I'd kept them there to remind me of what I'd lost, and nearly every time I saw one of them, I'd get angry or I'd feel hurt. I decided today to let that go. I decided that it's time for a new beginning.

Funny thing is that I feel lighter now. I'm not carrying that old baggage with me. I've let go of the reminder to feel pain. It's a great feeling to begin to move on. I guess a new year is the best time for that.

My other new beginning is getting into some sort of shape. I had a very unpleasant surprise when I stepped on the scales yesterday morning. I have to get serious about some weight loss. I've moved into the overweight category that I'd danced on the line of for so long. I'd noticed that my pants were a little tighter, but I'd managed to delude myself. Yesterday, however, I couldn't pretend any longer. So . . . . that meant walking this morning and exercising last night. It also means no more candy - at least for awhile and very limited alcohol. I can tell already that I am not going to like this very much, but if I get results, then I guess that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment