Monday, February 8, 2010

Two Things

Last night I got one of those emails asking for "two things." One of the questions was "What were two things you did last night?" I answered this question with "drank champagne" and "wore a tiara." That got me to wondering just how many people could answer the question that way. Now, I knew of at least five others who could, but I'm thinking that there probably aren't many more than that.

What a weekend! On Friday night I went to dinner with L. At the restaurant, the waiter told me that L looked like a young Keanu Reeves. L doesn't, but he was okay with that as long as the adjective "young" was attached. I can relate. These days I love any reference to "young" that includes me. Sadly, the word "young" is rarely attached to anything about me. At least I don't get "old" very often . . . yet.

We did enjoy the waiter's reaction because he kept coming by to look - and sent most of the staff over. It was too crazy. There was a Mexican band that L wanted to play "Tainted Love." While they didn't actually play "Tainted Love," they did play a song that sounded a little like it, so we just sang the lyrics to "Tainted Love." Well, actually L sang the lyrics. I couldn't remember them.

Then on Sat., I started the day by going to Super Target for groceries. I managed to buy only groceries. I also managed to spend $167 buying just groceries. I can't seem to help myself. I lose my mind in a grocery store. After the grocery-buying extravaganza, I headed to yoga where we did tree pose again - and the teacher took time out to assure me that I didn't have to do it if I didn't want to. I guess she didn't want to incite another crying jag.

After yoga, M picked me up, and we went to lunch followed by a bit of shopping. She took me to one of her favorite places - this former monastery that used to be out on the country. It's a lovely place that I would like to visit in warmer weather. We had a nice time just hanging out. We intended to write and meditate, but we mostly just talked. It was a nice change of pace.

Sat. night I attended a gala - that's where I wore the tiara and drank champagne. A group of us bought a table and had a girls' night. It was lots of fun.

Then came the Super Bowl. Having grown up in the era of the Aints, I have to say that it was pretty sweet watching them win - and win by playing the better game. Sure, there were a couple of trick plays, but they didn't need the officials to help them. They won by playing the better game.

What a weekend! I need some time to recover. Too bad, it's back to work and back to snowing. Have I mentioned just how tired I am of snow? In case I didn't, I'll mention it again. I hate the snow. I want the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment