Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Thank all that's holy that 2009 is behind us. Maybe it's all in the attitude, but 2009 sucked. I can't say it any plainer. Oh sure, I could come up with something positive if pressed, but for the most part, I've never been happier to see a year say good-bye.

My ringing in the new year was pretty quiet. I fell asleep before 11, but that might be because M decided to make rum & cokes with Bacardi 151. Wow, I was lit by 7, but it was nice. We watched "Sex & the City" for several hours then gave on staying awake. Before we fell asleep, however, we smudged the house by the light of the full (BLUE) moon. M kept saying our house smelled like an illegal substance, but the smudge stick was purchased at Whole Foods - I SWEAR!

The first day of the new year was uneventful. I cooked a ham and made black-eyed peas. We lazed around and watched LSU play a terrible game and eventually lose to Penn State. I think the game actually lasted 8 hours - it sure seemed like it. I took a long nap during it and still seemed to have seen the whole thing. After that we watched a couple of bad Jennifer Aniston movies (is there a good Jennifer Aniston movie?) and a couple of Die Hard movies before passing out. (By passing out, I mean M is actually ill and took some cold medicine. I just drank some whiskey.)

Today hasn't been much more productive, but I did get up at a reasonable hour - 8 a.m., and I actually went to yoga. Then I went to lunch with TC and did a bit of shopping. I bought a BEAUTIFUL coat, cream & gold, for $60. It had been $188 so I got quite a deal! We ate at Olive Garden because I won a gift certificate there, and it was a nice lunch. I also had a gift certificate for Williams Sonoma so we did a bit of shopping there.

Now I'm back home and back on the sofa. We're watching the Cotton Bowl. I should be yelling for OSU mainly because I hate Ol' Miss with the passion of a thousand burning suns, but one of my "friends" who loves OSU made fun of LSU's loss so I find myself hoping the Rebels will teach the Cowboys a lesson. Yes, I hate myself for this, but I just can't help it!

I'm good with 2010 - so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment