Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowed In

I had a very good day being snowed in. I loved eating and drinking while watching movies all day. I do love a day spent on the couch - and a get so few of them.

This morning I made snow ice cream for breakfast. I do love any kind of ice cream for breakfast. That's actually my favorite time of day to eat ice cream. I don't know why, but I do know I love it.

M had never heard of snow ice cream. Now it didn't snow all that often in my hometown, but when it did, Mama made snow ice cream. It was divine. And the best part is that it was just as good today as it was then. Just gather up about a gallon of clean snow. Mix it with a cup of milk, a cup of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. This morning I decided to make it richer so I used a 1/2 cup cream and a 1/2 milk - I guess that's homemade half and half. It was a big bowl of delight.

Then I decided that I needed to get a bag of Heath bits out of my pantry so I made peanut butter cookie with Heath bar bits. They were so good. While I did enjoy quite a few, M ate nearly all of them. He does love a peanut butter cookie, you know.

After that, I decided to have orange lunch so I made sweet potato casserole and fried salmon patties. Weird, but YUM!

Did I mention the pitcher of Bloody Marys? Another big yum - and was most likely a contributing factor to the idea of an orange lunch.

We watched Jackie Brown and Aliens - two of M's favorites. I enjoy them as well. He slept through my pick: Serenity. I'm not surprised as I didn't think he'd like it, but I can't complain because I nearly always fall asleep in a movie. I just have the hardest time staying awake. Any time I get comfortable, I seem to fall asleep.

Now I think I'll climb in bed and read a trashy novel. Life doesn't get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment