Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thought for the Day

It's closing in on noon, and I still haven't had a clever thought so I'll just post anyway. I'm fighting a cold for all that I'm worth. Even though M denies it, I think I got it from him. I just refuse to give into the desire to crawl in bed and pull the covers over my head. Wait! Is that the cold talking - or the cold?! It's 22F (-6C), and getting colder.

Gray winter days always remind me of the quote by Camus, "In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." I just love that idea - and always find it interesting that someone who wrote what Camus wrote had such a wonderful quote.

So today, when you are freezing, pull out those photos of your summer vacations over the years - particularly the ones you took while in a warm, sunny place. Remember how good it felt. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment