Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Witching Hour

It's 3:25 a.m., and I can't sleep. I have at least one sleepless night per year - and I hate it. How do people live with insomnia, I ask.

While lying (I have so much trouble with that verb!) in bed, I tried to think of a funny - or at least pithy - post. I haven't posted so much lately because I just don't have anything funny to report. I can usually make something more humorous than it actually was in happening with the retelling, but these days I just don't have any source material. I can't decide if that's because there's nothing funny going on or if I am suffering from SAD or if I am just depressed. I suppose any and all could be true.

I have even talked to my dad and stepmother this week. Neither provided any material - and that's unusual. Dad did mention that the Council, which celebrates every holiday, skipped MLK Day and served breakfast and lunch. That was big and important news to him, but that was about all he had.

I've thought about writing a past funny story, but nothing springs to mind. I've thought about compiling some of my past writings, but, again, I got nothing. So, my friends, until inspiration strikes the pickings may be slim!

No comments:

Post a Comment